Business Waste Collection Service
Local businesses now have a more convenient, flexible, reliable and fully comprehensive waste collection & recycling service, helping our customers to save money and recycle more of their waste.
We now supply a brown “organics” bin as part of our commercial service. This is for the separation of all organics such as food, garden and animal waste. This bin is collected at no extra cost to your business and offers an opportunity to reduce the amount of waste being collected from your current commercial bin. By keeping organic waste out of your existing bin, waste treatment costs are significantly reduced allowing us to provide you with a better value service and divert waste from landfill.
HOW DOES OUR SERVICE DIFFER?
Our service offers fully comprehensive recycling to local businesses with the following benefits.
• Better value / cost savings
• Help in achieving full compliance with business waste legislation
HOW CAN THIS SERVICE SAVE MY BUSINESS MONEY?
This forms part of your current contract and your brown bin will be collected at no additional cost. By removing the “green” waste you may need less lifts of your remaining container which will ultimately result in cost savings to your business. We will supply your business with an initial FREE supply of caddy/bucket liners. However once your supply of liners runs out, you can contact us for a new supply at a cost of £1 per roll, which consists of 30 bags.
We do not charge for the rental of containers.
WHY GET ONBOARD WITH OUR NEW SCHEME?
- There may be significant opportunity for your business to save money through the new scheme
- The service will help you tie into your Corporate Social Responsibilities or environmental accreditations
- Every business, big or small, has a legal Duty of Care to dispose of waste through a licensed waste carrier
- Taking part in the scheme helps recover valuable materials for reprocessing, saving on valuable natural resources
- Your participation will help in reaching Northern Irelands ambitious landfill diversion targets over the coming years
- We offer a convenient, reliable and flexible service from a team of friendly and professional staff
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO GET MY COMMERCIAL BIN COLLECTED?
This will depend on the size of your bin. Each container is charged on a per lift basis. Below are associated costs for each container:
||COST PER LIFT
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY WASTE ONCE IT HAS BEEN COLLECTED?
- Food waste is collected separately and sent to a company called NWP, where the materials are composted and sold on as their final, Rosie Lee compost product.
- All remaining materials, including recyclable and non recyclable material will be collected together and taken to a local materials recycling facility where they will be separated into individual waste streams, bailed and sold on for final reprocessing.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR THIS SERVICE?
To find out more or to register for our business recycling services contact our Commercial Services Assistant on tel: 9446 3113, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Business registration”. You will receive information on delivery of your new containers, associated costs for your commercial waste container lifts and your allocated day/s for collection.
I AM KEEN TO IMPROVE MY OVERALL ENVIRONMENTAL PERFORMANCE, DO THE COUNCIL PROVIDE ANY SUPPORT OR ASSISTANCE FOR THIS?
Yes, if you are keen to look into improving your businesses environmental performance you can make use of our business environmental advice service where we can offer the following assistance:
- FREE business environmental assessment including a visit and review of your premises and activities
- Mentoring programme to assist companies through the process of achieving Phase 3 of a recognisable environmental management system
- Fact sheets produced on essential environmental information for businesses
- Signposting service to local and national environmental business support organisations.
- Workshops and information seminars
- Additional training programmes to enhance business knowledge and employee qualifications
For more information or to register on this service email email@example.com or telephone the Environment Officer T. 028 9446 3113.