The aim of the Good Relations programme is to improve day to day relationships by reducing all forms of prejudice, encouraging everyone to treat other equally and encouraging a society in which our own cultures and traditions, as well as other peoples cultures and traditions are understood, respected and accepted.
Northern Ireland is quickly becoming multi-cultural and all the different cultures should be fully integrated within our communities for the overall benefit of the area. All communities must have the same access to skills, relationships and knowledge to enable them to become more integrated over time. Antrim Borough Council is committed to providing these resources.
Antrim Borough Council invites new approaches to the above as well as more traditional approaches - using opportunities through Arts, Sports and Cultural activities. The good relations programme continues to develop mutual understanding, respect for cultural traditions, the principle of interdependence and positive cross-community development through wide-ranging programmes. In doing so, the programme seeks to fulfil five key areas.
- To promote new and support on-going cross community development throughout the Borough
- To provide opportunity to understand cultural diversity and to promote mutual respect, regardless of background
- To promote equality of service delivery and equitable treatment for all residents of the Borough
- To develop existing links with key stakeholders, promoting good relations issues and providing relevant and focused programmes
- To develop programmes addressing new and emerging aspects of good relations
The good relations programme continues to support key events, including the annual summer scheme, cultural events and cross-community development.
Community groups and individuals are encouraged to initiate and join projects that achieve the goals of the Good Relations programme. To enable such projects, the programme offers grant aid assistance and guidance on project funding.
The Good Relations Officer is available to engage with any group or community within the Borough area, keen on working towards better relationships throughout the Borough. Further information on Good Relations may be obtained from:
T: 028 9446 3113 ext 1014; Email: email@example.com
Links to Related Websites